Historic Halter Ranch is a vineyard and winery located in the heart of the Paso Robles' Westside Adelaida District. Tradition and innovation mix at Halter Ranch to produce Bordeaux and Rhône-style wines of the highest quality.
POSITION ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Vineyard Technician/Worker is responsible for performing regular routine tasks required to maintain and care for grapevines and can work in all vineyard operations throughout the lifecycle of the vine; from spring pruning to fall harvest, as well as being able to follow all safety protocols.
Requires experience in vineyard work including, but not limited to, the following:
- Cane Cutting, Canopy Management, Erosion Control, Fertilizing, Fruit Thinning, Harvesting and/or Sorting of Wine Grape, Hoeing, Leafing, Perimeter Maintenance, Planting, Pruning, Root Removal, Shoot Tipping, Staking, Suckering, Training, Tying
- Creates a safe and respectful work environment following all safety rules and employment policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
To preform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Tractor driving experience a must
- Big equipment operator a plus
- Ability to follow directions and use good judgment
- Ability to work well with others and independently
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license; highly desirable to possess class A or B truck driving license but not required
- Must be able to work outdoors in extremes of heat/humidity/cold and other inclement weather conditions
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work long hours when required.
- Must be able to sustain the repeated use of hands as well as long periods of standing, walking, and bending.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Submit resume and cover letter to: Human Resources Manager, Michelle Robles: firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a full-time position. Compensation TBD based upon qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Generous PTO, and more.