Historic Halter Ranch is a vineyard and winery located in the heart of the Paso Robles' Westside Adelaida District. Tradition and innovation mix at Halter Ranch to produce Bordeaux and Rhône-style wines of the highest quality.
Halter Ranch is seeking a full-time Train Engineer/Mechanic to oversee the maintenance and safe operation of the Halter Ranch Railroad. The Halter Ranch Railroad consists of a stunning Swiss-built propane-powered steam locomotive, electric locomotive, 9 passenger cars, two flat-bed agricultural cars, and one-track maintenance bike. This position involves critical thinking, excellent mechanical aptitude and situational awareness in all areas of the railroad including:
• Understanding and implementing the safety rules and all O&M manuals.
• Responsible for liaising with the owner, staff and authorities.
• Responsible for the safe operation of the train and able to perform all job positions related to the railroad.
• Instructor for all employees/volunteers and will issue respective certificates and/or licenses.
• Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all rail related equipment on the HRR.
• Responsible for the infrastructure of the railroad to include track, stations and other items designated by the owner, staff and authorities.
• Liaison for the owner with outside vendors and contractors as it relates to the railroad.
• Responsible for the daily operation, maintenance, and repair of the railroad as designated by the owner.
• Safely operates an electric and steam-powered locomotive by learning and adhering to proper locomotive operation procedures and practices.
• Ensures guest safety by assisting guests with boarding, riding, and disembarking the locomotive and passenger cars.
• Learns, adheres to, and enforces all train rider policies and procedures.
• Completes daily, weekly, monthly and annual inspection of railroad rolling stock, tracks and related equipment, providing documentation as required.
• Performs routine maintenance and lubrication of railroad rolling stock and other amusement equipment as required.
• Meet with relevant local and state inspectors
• Performs track work as assigned
• Properly stabilizes equipment during unforeseen, emergency or unusual situations to ensure guest and employee safety.
• Assists with various repairs and preventive maintenance duties as needed to maintain proper operation of equipment.
• Interact with our guests and make their day amazing through meaningful connections
• Share your passion for creating a warm and welcoming environment with your team
• Contribute to our exceptional track record for safety
• Previous experience in park, estate, or tourist railroad operation and maintenance experience
• Steam locomotive operation and maintenance experience is a plus.
• Previous experience in mechanical maintenance, ride operations, or a closely related field.
• Sufficient physical stamina to withstand at least 8 hours of working in a hot and physically demanding environment.
• Knowledge of track maintenance procedures.
• Demonstrate general mechanical aptitude and knowledge of common mechanical practices.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
WANT TO JOIN THE HALTER TEAM?
To apply submit resume and cover letter to: Human Resources Manager, Michelle Robles (please no phone calls). Compensation TBD based upon qualifications and experience.
Halter Ranch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation