JOB DESCRIPTION: SOUS CHEF
Responsible for the overall success of the daily kitchen operations – prep, service, and breakdown. Sous Chef is responsible for ensuring the quality, hygiene and other standards are maintained or surpassed by the culinary department. Ability to lead the staff and manage all food-related functions which displaying culinary talents and passion. Works to continually improve guest and team satisfaction. Supervises all kitchen areas to ensure consistency and quality. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved and maintained. Sous Chef is responsible for ensuring the Halter Ranch culinary standards and responsibilities are met; supporting Executive Chef with kitchen operations and culinary goals; ensuring exceptional customer service.
Must be willing to work weekends and most holidays. Some evenings for winery and private events.
Reports directly to the Executive Chef
- Ensure Executive Chef standards are met
- Assist with daily kitchen prep work and station set-up before service.
- Maintain the highest quality food preparation standards.
- Ensure portion control, uniformity of taste, and quality
- Complete the following daily duties – preparing, cooking, and presenting culinary dishes.
- Enforcing and maintaining strict health and hygiene standards in the kitchen
- Ability to troubleshoot any problems that might occur prior to, during, or after service.
- Assist in developing, designs and contributing to the culinary program, systems, and products
- Support supervision of kitchen operations.
- Maintain the organization of all kitchen storage – walk-in, dry storage, and other storage areas
- Assisting and ensuring all ingredients are ordered.
- Support in prep and execution of lunch, winery events, and private events.
- Maintain compliance with food and beverage policies. Ensure standards and procedures are followed.
- Ensure compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Estimates daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicates productions needs daily
- Assists Executive Chef with all culinary operations
Required Skillset and Traits
- Recognizes and delivers superior quality products, presentations, and flavor
- Ensures compliance with all local, state, and federal (e.g., OSHA, ASI, and Health Department) regulations
- Knowledge of and follows proper handling and right temperature of all products
- Operates and maintains culinary equipment and reports any malfunctions
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types – regular menu, special requests and functions.
- Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure Executive Chef’s culinary standards are met
- Supports management of kitchen operations
- Exercises interpersonal and communications skills to assist in leading, influencing and encouraging the team
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity
- Leads by example and demonstrates appropriate behaviors
- Builds and nurtures mutual trust, respect, and cooperation amongst the team
- Understands and ensures the team fulfills expectations and parameters of daily kitchen work and goals
- Collaborates with the team to ensure and maintain a strong and healthy team dynamic
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with each position
- Lead shift while personally preparing and executing requests
- Willingness to go above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention
- Set a positive example for guest relations
- Empowers culinary and tasting room team to provide excellent customer service
- Strives to improve service performance
- Willingness to interact with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service level
- Handles guest problems and complaints
- Assist in developing and executing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish your work.
- Trains associates in safety procedures and culinary standards
How to Join the Halter Team
To apply submit resume to: Human Resources Manager, Michelle Robles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits including: PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance, H.S.A. Contributions, Retirement, etc. Compensation TBD based upon qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Generous PTO and more. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required at time of hire.
Halter Ranch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories. We are a COVID-19 safe business that adheres to all local and state policies