Historic Halter Ranch is a vineyard and winery located in the heart of the Paso Robles' Westside Adelaida District. Tradition and innovation mix at Halter Ranch to produce Bordeaux and Rhône-style wines of the highest quality. Halter Ranch is seeking organized, detail-oriented, trustworthy, professionals to join our team. We are looking for team-oriented individuals who are enthusiastic and passionate about wine and people. Knowledge of wine preferred but will train the right candidate. Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task are a must!
- Sales oriented and able to close the sale
- Strong knowledge and enthusiasm about the world of fine wines
- A desire to provide the ultimate in hospitality and customer service
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Must be able to work weekends and Holidays
- Must be 21 years old
- Greets all visitors guests and guides them through their Halter experience (Tours, Tastings, Lunch, By the Bottle, By the Glass, etc)
- Describes wines, winemaking techniques, and winery history; answers visitor’s questions
- Effectively suggests and sells wine to customers
- Accurately handles routine purchasing transactions, which include operating cash register and accounting of daily sales
- Provides general tourist information
- Conducts guided tours as needed
- Assists with the winery’s special events as needed
- Acquires and maintains thorough knowledge of winery and its wines
- Assists with display and pricing of retail items and wines as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by the manager(s) and lead(s)
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds repeatedly
- Must be able to effectively stock wine, set up and break down tables, chairs and be able to utilize dolly cart and assist in moving heavy objects
WANT TO JOIN THE HALTER TEAM?
This position requires working weekends and holidays. This is a part-time position. Compensation $17/hour. To apply submit resume and cover letter to: Human Resources Manager, Michelle Robles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Halter Ranch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories. We abide by strict COVID-19 guidelines and protocols. Proof of COVID vaccination required upon time of hire.