Halter Ranch is a picturesque vineyard and winery located in the heart of the Paso Robles' Westside Adelaida District. Tradition and innovation mix at Halter Ranch, which specializes in Estate Bordeaux and Rhône-style wines.
Halter Ranch is growing and looking for an organized, detail-oriented, trustworthy, professional to join our tasting room team as a Lead. We are looking for a positive and motivated individual to help serve as an encouraging role model to our growing team. This Lead Wine Advisor is a vital asset to the daily operation of our busy tasting room. The Lead will be responsible for assisting in maintaining direction and leadership in the tasting room. This individual will help ensure that we have positive customer interactions, maintaining and expanding on staff training. We are looking for a team-oriented individual who is enthusiastic, charismatic, and passionate about wine and people. Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task are a must!
Lead Wine Advisor reports to the Tasting Room Manager and Front of House Manager. The Lead helps to ensure the efficiency of a diverse and growing team of 10+ Wine Advisors and support staff.
- Natural Mentor and positive role model
- Goal-oriented and assists in motivating the team to maintain and achieve sales goals
- Maintain positive demeanor and customer interactions
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- Motivated to expand knowledge beyond Halter Ranch wines and products to maintain strong product knowledge
- Adaptable and willing to get a prompt and positive resolution of customer and staff issues
- Sales oriented and able to close sales
- Strong knowledge and enthusiasm about the world of fine wine
- A desire to provide the ultimate in hospitality and customer service
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Must be able to work weekends and Holidays
- Must be 21 years old
- Support Tasting Room Manager and Front of House Manager with achieving or exceeding financial goals for sales and club sign-ups
- Assist in maintaining a clean and tidy tasting room and workspace
- Motivate and assist Wine Advisors to achieve an authentic, engaging, memorable, and positive Halter Ranch Experience
- Perform management duties in the absence of Tasting Room Manager and/or Front of House Manager
- Quickly resolve guest concerns/complaints with good judgment and tact
- Assist with inventory reporting and management
- Provide feedback and guidance to ensure the success, improvement, and growth of the Tasting Room team.
- Greets all visitors and guides them through their Halter experience (Tours, Tastings, Lunch, By the Bottle, By the Glass, etc.)
- Describes wines, winemaking techniques, and winery history; answers visitor questions
- Effectively suggests and sells wine to customers
- Accurately handles routine purchasing transactions, which include operating cash register and accounting of daily sales
- Provides general tourist information.
- Conducts guided tours as needed.
- Assists with the winery’s special events as needed.
- Acquires and maintains thorough knowledge of winery and its wines.
- Assists with display and pricing of retail items and wines as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the manager(s).
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds repeatedly.
- Must be able to effectively stock wine, set up and break down tables, chairs and be able to utilize dolly cart and assist in moving heavy objects.
WANT TO JOIN THE HALTER TEAM?
This position requires working weekends and holidays. Please keep this in mind when applying. Compensation depends on experience plus wine club commissions and tips. Full time position offers excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision, generous PTO, retirement and more. To apply submit resume to: Human Resources Manager, Michelle Robles at email@example.com.
Halter Ranch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories. We abide by strict
COVID-19 guidelines and protocols. Masks are mandatory and all staff are required to be vaccinated.