Historic Halter Ranch is a vineyard and winery located in the heart of the Paso Robles' Westside Adelaida District. Tradition and innovation mix at Halter Ranch to produce Bordeaux and Rhône-style wines of the highest quality. Halter Ranch is looking for an organized, detail oriented, trustworthy, professional to join our team.
This is a full-time position, and the right candidate will have the ability to multitask, general bookkeeping concepts, overall administrative tasks, work in a fast paced environment, and discretion required. This person will be responsible for assisting the HR/Admin Manager and Senior Accountant in a variety of duties as pertains to their departments.
The HR/Bookkeeping Assistant supports the human resources and accounting departments by completing various tasks listed below. This position will be split half of the time on HR/Admin tasks and the other half on bookkeeping tasks. Job duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
HR/Admin Assistant Tasks:
- Update and maintain calendars, staff directories, emails, time off requests, phone extension lists and other lists
- Keep current onboarding packets for new hires as forms and labor laws change
- Order and maintain office supplies creating an inventory control system, ensure supply room
- is clean and organized and stocked.
- Work with off-site supplier to review/stock medical cabinets
- Reservations – Make/cancel/update Tock reservations
- Create employee tracking for harassment prevention, CPR and other required trainings
- Assist with employee wine program distribution and coordinate staff lunches
- Coordinates donation requests
- Update Paylocity with staff hours
- Help update and create job descriptions, assist with pre-hiring, i.e., print resumes, pre-screen applicants, create interview schedules
- Coordinate with IT to facilitate computer/phone/on-site repairs and/or upgrades
- Track and inventory facility keys
- Scan and file documents, create insurance/benefits binders, and other duties as needed.
- Process mail and distribute to appropriate departments
- Supports receptionist as needed
- Maintains emails on a regular basis
Bookkeeping Assistant Tasks:
- Print, review and disseminate payable invoices and other documents as received.
- Input Accounts Payable
- Reconcile Vendor Statements
- Process Vendor Payments
- Count, verify and update cash logs
- Input Sales Orders/create invoices and manage billbacks/statements for Wholesale
- Process incoming checks
- Scanning for record retention
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong accounts payable experience required
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficient at Word, Excel, and Quick Books
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
To apply submit cover letter and resume to: Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.Compensation TBD based upon qualifications and experience. This is a full-time (Monday-Friday) position which includes excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Generous PTO and more. Proof of COVID vaccination is required at time of hire.
Halter Ranch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.