Historic Halter Ranch is a vineyard and winery located in the heart of the Paso Robles' Westside Adelaida District. Tradition and innovation mix at Halter Ranch to produce Bordeaux and Rhône-style wines of the highest quality. Halter Ranch is seeking organized, detail-oriented, trustworthy, professionals to join our team. We are looking for team-oriented individuals who are enthusiastic and passionate about wine and people. Knowledge of wine is preferred but willing to train the right candidate. Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task are a must!
- Sales oriented and able to close the sale
- Strong knowledge and enthusiasm about the world of fine wines
- A desire to provide the ultimate in hospitality and customer service
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Must be able to work weekends and Holidays
- Must be 21 years old
These duties include but are not limited to:
- Greets all visitors guests and guides them through their Halter experience (Tours, Tastings, Lunch, By the Bottle, By the Glass, etc.)
- Seating guests when necessary
- Describes wines, winemaking techniques, and winery history; answers visitor’s questions.
- The taking of guest orders
- Transferring of food from kitchen to table when necessary (as the flow of business dictates)
- Effectively suggests and sells wine to customers.
- The expectation that wine guides be receptive to and to retain, for the purposes of communicating to guests, all restaurant related information including, but not limited to: menu items, food descriptors, cooking methods, historical and regional points of culinary significance and standards of service.
- Clearing of food and food accessories, to include but not limited to: flatware, plates, stemware, menus, tasting books, linens
- Set up and breakdown of restaurant-related service items
- Accurately handles routine purchasing transactions, which include operating cash register and accounting of daily sales.
- Provides general tourist information.
- Conducts guided tours as needed.
- Assists with the winery’s special events as needed.
- Acquires and maintains thorough knowledge of winery and its wines.
- Assists with display and pricing of retail items and wines as needed.
- Merchandise sales, size checks for guest requests, assist with restocking, maintaining cleanliness and order in merchandise room
- Performs other duties as assigned by the manager(s).
Wine Advisors may additionally be pulled into alternate roles to fill staffing needs – including, but not limited to:
- Pit Boss
- Tour guide, both impromptu and reserved tours
*Management may assign additional tasks and duties at any point in accordance with business needs.
*Hours of service or scheduled working hours may be adjusted in accordance with business needs.
*Cell phones are not permitted on the floor. Lockers will be provided for the storage of phones and personal items. Phones can be accessed at lunch and breaks—off the floor.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds repeatedly
- Must be able to effectively stock wine, set up and break down tables, chairs and be able to utilize dolly cart and assist in moving heavy objects
WANT TO JOIN THE HALTER TEAM?
This position requires working weekends and holidays. Part and full-time positions available.
Full time position offers excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision, generous PTO, retirement and more. To apply submit resume to: Human Resources Manager, Michelle Robles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We abide by strict COVID-19 guidelines and protocols. Proof of vaccination required at time of hire.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. This position may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion and belonging at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Halter Ranch will make reasonable accommodations under applicable law for qualified individuals to enable them to perform the essential functions of the job unless doing so would create an undue hardship for the Company.