Historic Halter Ranch is a vineyard and winery located in the heart of the Paso Robles' Westside Adelaida District. Tradition and innovation mix at Halter Ranch to produce Bordeaux and Rhône-style wines of the highest quality.
We are seeking an experienced Controller. To be successful in this role the candidate should be well-organized, have great time management skills, ability to multitask and work with all levels of management, and be able to act with a high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Manage ongoing accounting operations including: A/R, A/P, Company Credit Cards, Inventory & Controls, Payroll, Annual Benefit Calculations, 401K, Cash flow, Insurance renewals, Harvest Records, Wine Costing, Monitor Trademarks, Prepare Sales & Use Tax Returns.
- Prepare financial statements and year-end procedures for tax preparation
- Assist the GM with the development of the annual budget, forecasting, and long-range planning
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Work closely with HR on related items such as: payroll, benefits, insurance, retirement
- Manage monthly reconciliation and providing input and executing enhanced internal controls
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Manage compliance with TTB
- Proactively monitor spending by department, perform detailed budget vs actual variance analysis, and assist with communicating results to budget owners throughout the organization.
- Support teams throughout the organization to achieve and deliver strategic initiatives by tracking KPI’s, identifying trends, and projecting future results.
- Assist with the wine allocation plan by SKU and sales channel, in addition to analyzing proposed adjustments and tracking changes.
- Proactively identify cost savings opportunities with clear and concise supporting analysis
- Perform ad hoc analytical projects and presentation materials as requested
- Participate in external audits, including preparing audit schedules
- Assist in preparation of other governmental compliance reporting where necessary
- Maintain and execute a documented system of accounting policies and procedures to strengthen internal controls.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a controller position
- Proficient in Excel, QuickBooks, Microsoft Office
- Four-year accounting degree preferred or strong accounting skills
- Take charge attitude
HOW TO APPLY
To apply submit resume to: Human Resources Manager, Michelle Robles: email@example.com. This is a full-time position. Compensation TBD based upon qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Generous PTO, Employee Discounts, and more.
Halter Ranch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.