Historic Halter Ranch is a vineyard and winery located in the heart of the Paso Robles' Westside Adelaida District. Tradition and innovation mix at Halter Ranch to produce Bordeaux and Rhône-style wines of the highest quality. Halter Ranch is growing and looking for an organized, detail oriented, trustworthy, professional to join our team. We are looking for team-oriented individuals who are enthusiastic and passionate about wine and people. Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task are a must!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This position would report to the Vineyard Manager and Winemaker
- General understanding of winery practices and infrastructure
- Assist production staff in all related production aspects including racking, blending, topping, bottling, harvest and any related fields.
- Assist Vineyard Manager in Vineyard including pruning, shoot thinning, lateral removal, harvest and any related ranch activities.
- Monitor, manage and work with all aspects of barrels and barrel maintenance in both winery buildings and caves:
- Schedule, monitor and execute toppings, racking, and all aspects of barrel movement in and out of winery and caves.
- Ensure barrels are sound, sanitary and free of leaks.
- Receive, inventory, code and update software system when receiving, selling or releasing all barrels.
- Manage inventory of all gases:
- Ensure all fittings are proper, functional and safe.
- Keep lower and upper level of winery properly supplied with necessary gases.
- Train, develop and work with harvest interns to ensure understanding of all practices, procedures and equipment use in winery.
- Execute all work orders and understand how to input into software system.
- Ensure all aspects of the winery are clean and properly sanitized including:
- Tanks, Barrels, Floors, Forklifts, Catwalks, Equipment
- Manage bottling crew and inventory during bottling:
- Ensure quality control practices for labels, capsules, corks, palletizing and overall bottling management.
- Use paper inventory system to ensure case counts correlate with bottling company and winery inventory.
WANT TO JOIN THE HALTER TEAM?
To apply submit resume and cover letter to: Human Resources Manager, Michelle Robles at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a full-time position starting at $17/hour with excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Generous PTO and more.
Halter Ranch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.