Halter Ranch is seeking an experienced and professional full time Business Manager to manage our tasting room property in Fredericksburg, TX. The property will break ground in September 2022. The ideal candidate will begin during construction development and continue to manage the tasting room, full facilities, and operations after our grand opening in September 2023.
He or she will bring a positive energy to the workplace and motivate the team to meet or exceed sales goals. He or she will train staff regularly to ensure staff is educated and knowledgeable, creating a professional environment in the tasting room to drive sales and brand awareness.
The Business Manager will oversee the tasting and sale of wine, restaurant operations, non-wine merchandise, and Texas events. He or she is responsible for daily operations, ensuring that the team is providing exceptional customer service and promoting the Halter Ranch brand to make the experience for each visitor memorable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hands-on management of tasting room staff including training, scheduling, and staff development.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining an ongoing training program to cultivate and maintain a high performing sales and service team.
- Responsible for analysis of tasting room trends with continual recommendations on how to improve.
- Responsible for greeting and serving guests in the tasting room, including scheduling and conducting tastings and tours, educating guests about the company’s wines, winemaking process to effectively advise and sell wine to guests.
- Oversee the opening and closing of the Tasting Room, in addition to performing general customer service tasks including taking reservations, arranging shipments of wine, signing up guests for the wine club, and handling routine point-of-sale transactions.
- Merchandise the tasting room displays to effectively sell wine and other products.
- Responsible for ordering all supplies for the tasting room and continually developing relationships with vendors that constantly optimize the winery’s goals of elevating the customer experience.
- Work closely with the Culinary, Wine Club, and Marketing team to help meet and exceed sales goals.
- Work closely with Human Resource Manager for hiring, training, and ensuring TR staff adhere to personnel policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- This position typically requires a BS/BA and required 2 years’ experience in a sales, wine or restaurant managerial role; or an equivalent combination of both education and experience.
- Must be 21 years of age and willing to work weekends.
- This position requires demonstrated excellence in customer service.
- Requires accountability, strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects with little direction.
- Basic working knowledge of POS systems.
- Requires leadership and take-charge attitude while maintaining professionalism at all times.
- Ability to effectively communicate to a variety of audiences and not afraid to enforce rules.
- In depth knowledge of sales, wines and a strong desire to learn more.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook is highly recommended.
WANT TO JOIN THE HALTER TEAM?
To apply submit resume and cover letter to: Michelle Robles, Human Resources Manager, email@example.com. This is a full-time position, weekends required. Compensation Range: $80,000-$100,000, TBD based upon qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurances, Retirement, Generous PTO (vacation, sick, personal days) and more. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required at time of hire.
Halter Ranch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.